Mama Mia Muffins
These savoury muffins have salami, mushrooms,
capsicum and basil with some italian herb mix and black pepper. They were
inspired by having pizza the night before and all the left over ingredients.
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of grated Tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup of sliced salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped musroom
- 1/4 cup of chopped capsicum
- 2 tblsp of chopped basil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp italian herb mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
the oven to 200°C . Prepare 12 regular muffin tins by brushing the
bases with oil.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Mix in the salami, vegetables,
herbs, sugar and pepper.
- In another mix the egg, milk, and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and fold lightly with a
fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about two-thirds.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until just starting to brown
and a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.