Salami Savoury Muffins
These savoury muffins have salami, carrot and
zucchini in them and make great lunch box snacks, not a bad way to get
your kids to eat more vegetables.
- 1 3/4 cups SR Flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 small zuchini grated
- 100 grams of shaved salami chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C . Prepare 12 regular muffin tins by
brushing the bases with oil.
- Sift the flour, paprika and baking powder into a bowl.
- Use some paper towel to absorb some of the moisture from the grated
- Add the cheese, salami, sugar and veges to the flour and mix well.
- Mix the egg, butter and milk in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mix and fold in with a fork. Do
not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't even
matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main secret
to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about two-thirds.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until just starting to brown
and a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.