Cheesy Sweet Potato Muffins
These sweet potato muffins came about when I
wanted to make cheese and bacon muffins but had no bacon. I found a sweet
potato in the pantry and decided it would do just fine.
- 1 3/4 cups SR Flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3/4 cup grated sweet potato
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C . Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 regular
sized muffin tins.
- Sift the flour, paprika and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the cheese and sweet potato and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, and butter.
- Add the egg mix to the flour mix all at once. Using a fork, stir and
fold the ingredients together only until it is all moist. Do not over
mix, this is the main secret of good muffins!
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins, filling them about 2/3rds and
bake for approximately 15 - 25 minutes for normal size. They are ready
when turning golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool. Great while still warm with