Banana muffins are a deliciously, moist way to
use up ripe bananas.
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven on 200°C . Brush oil on only the base of 12 muffin
- Sift the flour, and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, mix well and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, banana and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones all at once. Using a fork,
stir and fold the ingredients together only until it is all wet, it
doesn't even matter if there are bits of flour about. Do not over mix,
this is the main secret of light muffins!
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins, filling them about 2/3rds and
bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes for normal size. They are ready
when turning golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.