These carrot muffins are inspired by carrot cake
and I don't see why you couldn't put a dob of cream cheese frosting on
- 2 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 chopped walmuts
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 80 grams of butter, melted
- Turn the oven to 200°C . Brush oil on only the bottoms of 12 muffin
- Wrap the carrot in paper towel to absorb some of the moisture.
- Sift the flour, and spice into a bowl.
- Add the sultanas, carrot, walnuts and sugar, mix well and make a well
in the centre.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, banana and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and fold in with a fork.
Do not mix it too much: it just has to be wet mostly through.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins, filling them about 2/3rds and
bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes for normal size. They are ready
when turning golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.