Coconut Surprise Muffins
The idea for these muffins came from the Peanut
Butter and Jelly muffins and from a slice my mother used to make with
coconut and jam.
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 12 tsp strawberry jam
- Heat the oven to 200°celsius. Brush oil on just the bases of 12
regular sized muffin tins.
- Mix flour, coconut and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, vanilla essence and butter.
- Add the egg mix to the flour mix all at once. Using a fork, stir and
fold the ingredients only until it is all wet. Do not over mix, this
is the main secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about 1/2 way. Place a teaspoon
of jam in the centre of each and then finish filling with mixture to
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.