Double Choc Chip Muffins
These double chocolate chip muffins are a favourite
with the kids but then it's rare to find someone who doesn't like them!
- 1 3/4 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 125g of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C . Prepare 12 standard muffin tins by
brushing the bases with oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt into a bowl and stir
in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Mix the egg, vanilla, butter and milk in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mix and fold in with a fork. Do
not over mix.. it has to be JUST mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tins, filling them around 2/3rds full.
Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer comes
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.