The idea for these muffins came about when someone
mentioned chocolate fudge and Mum got a craving for it but then decided
it would yummy in muffin form instead.
These fudge muffins are moist, crumbly and very rich. While Mum used granulated
peanuts because thats what she puts in fudge, chopped pecans would be
- 180 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 250 grams butter
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated nuts or chopped pecans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 18 muffin tins with paper cases
or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together either in a double boiler or
in the microwave on a low heat.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the brown
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and sour cream.
- Add the liquid ingredients and the chocolate mix to the dry ingredients
all at once. Using a fork fold the ingredients together only until it
is all wet.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 to
20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.