Ginger and Macadamia Muffins
Gran asked Mum to make some muffin recipes with ginger in them because
she loves it so here's one Mum likes to call Buderim muffins. Buderim
is a town in Queensland, Australia that is famous for ginger and also
grows macadamia nuts.
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 125g glace ginger chopped (fairly small)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 12 muffin tins with paper cases
or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the sugar,
nuts and ginger.
- In another bowl mix the milk, butter and eggs.
- Add the liquid ingredients and to the dry ingredients all at once.
Using a fork fold the ingredients together only until it is all wet.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer
or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.