Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
These muffins are more a favourite of the adults
in the house, but they are trying not to indulge too much so these delightful
treats don't see Mum's kitchen often. They have a delicious nutty flavour
with a surprise dollop of jam in the centre.
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of jelly (or jam depending where you live)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C . Prepare 12 regular muffin tins by
brushing the bases with oil or you can use paper cases.
- Mix flour, and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Mix the egg, peanut butter, butter and milk in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mix and fold in with a fork. Do
not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't even
matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main secret
to good muffins.
- Spoon the mixture into the tins, filling each one about 1/2 way. Then
put a teaspoon of jelly / jam in the centre of each and top with more
batter to make each 2/3 full.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer
comes out clean (except where it hits jam of course!).
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.
These are nice warm but watch out for the jelly / jam being hot inside!