Rum Ball Muffins
Mum wanted to make some kind of Christmas muffins so she asked her daughter
what she thought would be something Christmassy and unique.. the challenge
was on to make rum ball muffins! The idea was no surprise coming from
the fan of rum and raisin muffins.
These muffins taste just like a giant rum ball and will be a perfect
Christmas treat (well any time treat actually). Just look out because
they are addictive!
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut (plus some for the tops)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown rum
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 125g of butter, melted
- Soak the raisins with the rum for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 18 muffin tins with paper cases
or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in
the coconut and sugar.
- In another bowl mix the milk, eggs and melted butter. Stir in the
rum and raisins.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once. Using
a fork fold the ingredients together only until it is all wet.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and sprinkle the tops with coconut.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer
or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.