These fruit muffins are moist and sweet. They
are a big favourite in our house!
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tblsn caster sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
the oven to 200°C . Prepare 12 regular muffin tins by brushing the
bases with oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the strawberries in one bowl.
- In another mix the egg, milk, vanilla and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and fold lightly with a
fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't
even matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main
secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about two-thirds.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until just starting to brown
and a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.