White Christmas Muffins
Mum wanted to make some special Christmas muffins, this is just one
of them. So far there are also Rum Ball Muffins
so far. These aren't as light as muffins usually are, it seems to be due
to the melted chocolate in the recipe.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 180g white cooking chocolate
- 125g of butter, melted
- icing sugar to dust
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 12 muffin tins with paper cases
or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the sugar,
mixed fruit, choc chips and cherries.
- Melt the cooking chocolate and the butter together over boiling water
or in the microwave.
- In another bowl mix the milk and eggs.
- Add the liquid ingredients and butter mix to the dry ingredients all
at once. Using a fork fold the ingredients together only until it is
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer
or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool. Then dust lightly with icing
sugar to decorate.